Next "Cut The Crap" New Year New You, Detox and Reboot, starts 8th Feb
2 cups of almond meal
½ cup ground flaxseed (or LSA)
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup psyllium husk
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 chopped fresh dates
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup almond milk
3 ripe bananas (keep ½ for top)
1. Preheat oven to 160 C (fan)
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk to remove any lumps!
3. Add all the wet ingredients to food processor / bullet and whiz.
4. Then add wet to dry and mix until combined. (If batter a little dry add more almond milk, if too wet add a little more almond meal)
5. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the batter in. Top with your half reserved banana and sprinkle on a few oats (looks nice!)
6. Bake for 45- 50 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool in the tin, then serve with thick unsweetened yoghurt and maybe a drizzle of honey!
Inspired by a recipe from “The Health Life” by Jessica Sepel.
More health habits, recipes hacks and tips straight to your inbox